Is Your Air Conditioning Ready for Spring?
Follow Our 7 Lucky Secrets Now for High Efficiency Later!
We know it’s tough to think about your
air conditioning when winter’s nagging chill is still breathing down your neck.
But then again, you can never be too prepared when it comes to warmer weather.
After all, spring officially arrives this month, which can only mean one thing!
Warmer temperatures are on the horizon!
Since it’s March and St. Patrick’s Day
celebrations are in high gear, we’ve collected seven lucky tips that are sure
to charm your HVAC system once spring arrives. Follow our rainbow of secret
tips and be as cool as a little ol’ leprechaun this spring.
So, are you ready? Try these tricks for
keeping that air conditioning system in good working order all season long.
- Clean, clean, clean. Take a walk outside and inspect your outdoor unit. Brush away
debris, leaves, sticks and other items that may be cluttered around the unit.
- Vent inspection. Take a close look at the AC vents around your home. Be sure to wipe or vacuum away dirt that’s accumulated. If you notice any black fuzz, it could be a sign of mold. If that’s the case, call Cool Techs for a professional inspection.
- Check and replace. This is an easy one. Buy a new air filter and replace the old
one! Extra tip: Since your AC runs in high gear during warmer temps, check your
air filter each month during the summertime—and replace the filter again if
needed. Need filter help? No problem. Cool Techs’ experts can help. Simply give
us a call.
- Get a tune-up! Now is the time to call Cool Techs for a seasonal tune-up. Our
technicians will run through their checklist and be sure your air conditioning
is ready to roll for the upcoming AC season.
- Check and repair air leaks. If
your ductwork has leaks, you’re going to experience higher utility bills due to
system inefficiency. Be sure to have one of our HVAC professionals check your
ducts for air leaks each spring—and have them repaired if needed.
- Install a programmable thermostat. If you don’t already have a programmable thermostat, spring is the
perfect time to install one! These nifty units give you better control over the
temperature in your home and help lower energy bills by setting the system to
lower temps when you’re not at home.
- Upgrade! If your AC system
is over 15 years old, now would be a great time to upgrade. Cool Techs can
install a brand new cooling system this spring, so your bills—and your indoor
temps—are lower all summer long!
Ready to Spring Ahead This March?
If you’re all set to get a jumpstart on
your spring maintenance, our expert technicians are ready to help. From AC
maintenance to indoor air quality, heating and commercial services, our
knowledgeable staff is always just a phone call away! Call us for service today